6 - 9 Lincoln Street, Westford, Massachusetts
A photo history of the House on the Common
J.M. Fletcher Store
J.M. Fletcher, a general store, was next to the Congregational Church across from Westford Common. Here one could buy fresh ground coffee, barrels of flour and sugar, overalls, and nails. It housed the post office during Democratic administrations. Those Fletchers favored Democrats! It featured a soda fountain with wire-backed chairs and tables for service ice cream and sodas. The store operated from "Circa 1855" through 1958. The offices of Connolly Insurance moved in around 1964. All  Photos courtesy of Austin Fletcher